Keep the long story short waiting for Server manager to load on a server you have just logged on to do a quick thing is not the best past time is it? I would even question its technical effectiveness but if you do do hate it like me, here’s a quick tip to remove one worry from your life plus valuable systems resources and time wasted.
This can be disabled for each user via the Server Manager properties.
However, to disable it for all servers and all users, perform the following:
- Open a Group Policy Object (GPO) where you want to configure the setting in the Group Policy Management Editor.
- Navigate to Computer Configuration, Policies, Administrative Templates, System, Server Manager.
- Double-click Do not display Server Manager automatically at logon.[DoNotOpenAtLogon]
- Set to Enabled and click OK.
- Close the Group Policy Management Editor.
In windows 2008… its here
You are welcome!